Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Maple Syrup Amber

Just finished bottling my Imperial Porter - the Walter Williams Patriot Porter if it turns out well. My next beer, which I brewed on the 14th of August, is a Maple Syrup Amber Ale.

Recipe Follows

6.6 Lbs Golden light LME
1 Lb Biscuit Malt (Grain)
.75 lb Crystal Malt 40L (Grain)
Hops:
1 oz Cluster (60 Min)
1 oz Willamette (15 min)
Wyeast British Ale Yeast
2 Tbsp Irish Moss (15 min)
24 oz Maple Syrup (Added starting at 30 min, continually, until 15 min)Vermont Maple Syrup, they say darker than normal

I also added about half of the LME at 15 min, to reduce burning the sugar.

Predicted attributes:
6.4 ABV
OG: 1.065 (I forgot to actually take it)
FG: 1.016
IBU: 29


This is the first beer I'm fermenting in my plastic bucket. I didn't have the lid fully secure for a couple days, so I hope that doesn't destroy the brew.

No comments:

Post a Comment