Monday, February 21, 2011

Domesticity X-ing

Well, it's happened.  I have become domestic. Kinda. I'm on the path anyway. Boredom+tons of free time=a clean home and cooking!

I have now spent untold hours scouring Martha Stewart's and Pioneer Woman's websites looking for recipes to try. And some for this week and some to keep in mind for the future.  In the vein of Big posting homebrew recipes I will start posting the occasional recipe or new found tip here as well!

Last week involved Ellen's (ma new mama-in-law) Blue Cheese Alfredo recipe (delish!!), devils on horseback (dates stuffed with blue cheese and wrapped in bacon) (soso) and chocolate/butterscotch chip cookies (the last batch was perfect!)


This was what my first bunch looked like. SAD!
I cannot eat chocolate chip cookies that look like this. They are just too pitiful looking.  My fix was to add more flour, put the batter in the fridge while a batch was cooking, form them to be as tall as possible with the dough being used, and add a few extra chocolate chips to the top before sticking the pan into the oven.  Now I don't have any pictures of the last/tastiest because I ATE THEM ALL (okay, Big helped too). This picture is from a better but not best middle batch:


The plans for this week include Pioneer Woman's Beef Stew with Beer and Paprika and her Baked Fudge! Mmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment